Terms & Conditions
Interpretation and Variation
In the terms and Conditions the following definitions apply: “Company “means 121 Fitness. (trading as 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates/Yoga Teacher Training Essex).
“Member” means any person that has signed a Registration Form which has been accepted by the Company.
“Registration Form” means the registration and application form signed by each member.
“Studio” means any of the 121 Urban Hot Yoga Studios of the Company published on our website(s) from time to time.
“Terms and Conditions” are defined here.
“Website” means www.121urbanhotyoga.co.uk or affiliated websites.
The terms and Conditions are incorporated into the Registration Form and any Membership/Class Pass is subject to these Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time. The Company reserves the right to vary or revoke any of the Terms and Conditions from time to time which it may consider necessary or suitable for the regulation of the governance of the Studio and the conduct of Members.
Any such changes will be published on our websites and, until revoked, are binding on Members.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- When a person has signed a Registration Form they shall become a Member of the Studio subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Acceptance of a person as a Member is at the discretion of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or refuse to renew the membership of any member who is, or may be deemed to be in the Company’s absolute discretion, injurious to the character of the Studio or amounts to a breach of the Terms and Conditions or where expulsion is otherwise to be in the interest of the other members of the Studio. Such examples are, but not limited to, [Threatening behaviour towards staff and clients, verbal and physical abuse, disruption during yoga session]. Any member expelled shall forfeit all privileges to membership and shall not be entitled to any refund for any period which his/her membership/Pass is suspended”
- The Studio may run promotional introductory offers from time to time (directly or through an agent i.e. Groupon).
- 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates reserves the right to revoke any unlimited membership/Class Pass if continuous miss use applies, ie, consistently failing to attend booked classes/ holding spaces in class with no intention of participating. The party in question will not be refunded and all online booking will be suspended with any future booked classes cancelled.
Studio Opening Times
- Details of class times at the Studio may vary from time to time. Classes will be published by the Studio and will be available at the Studio or on our Website(s). Classes will be subject to change due to holiday periods i.e. Bank holidays, Summer holidays, Christmas holidays and general changes to studio timetable.
- Details of the session prices and Class Passes are available either at www.121urbanhotyoga.co.uk or directly from the Studio and will be such prices as determined by the Company from time to time.
- Payments for classes at the Studio do not entitle you to attend classes of any other hot yoga studio other than those operated by this Company (in the event that they are available).
- Subject to any statutory right of cancellation, payments for classes, Class Pass fees, monthly subscription fees and annual payments are made non-refundable/non-transferrable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions.
Direct Debit/Standing Order
- The provisions of this section, shall only apply to Members that subscribe to unlimited classes by monthly direct debit/standing order (“Subscription”).
- Any Member, who is purchasing classes by Subscription, shall be entitled to participate in an unlimited number of classes at the Studio until their Subscription terminates. Any such member will forfeit their membership if they fall behind in payment for more than 30 days. Such member shall remain liable for any outstanding payments.
- Subscription fees must be paid in accordance with the Terms and Conditions irrespective of whether or not the Member uses the Studio’s facilities.
- Members shall be given no less than 30 days’ written notice of any increase in their Subscription.
- Any Member that is purchasing classes by Subscription cannot cancel their Subscription before the expiry of the period of 6/12 months from the date of their initial payment pursuant to the Subscription (“the Minimum Subscription Period”).
- After the expiry of the Minimum Subscription Period, the subscription will continue indefinitely until a Member cancels their Monthly Subscription at any time by written request to the Manager of the Studio, giving 30 days notice from the desired cancellation date. On cancellation you remain liable for one calendar month’s subscription during the notice period.
- Membership is personal to the member and may not be assigned, transferred, sold on or otherwise dealt with and members who ‘lend’ their membership to third parties will have their membership rescinded without a refund.
- If a member does not pay their subscription for the Minimum Subscription Period (or cancels their subscription during the minimum Subscription Period) then the member is liable in full for any outstanding Subscriptions in respect of the Minimum Subscription Period. Cancelling your direct debit or standing order instruction does not constitute cancellation of your Contract.
- It is the responsibility of the Member to cancel any direct debit or standing order with his bank on the termination of his Subscription. 121 Urban Hot Yoga cannot be held liable for any payments processed due to failure of a Member to cancel a direct debit or standing order.
- If the subscription is paid by direct debit or standing order (or any Subscription fees remain outstanding beyond the due date) the Member unconditionally and irrevocably authorises 121 Urban Hot Yoga to debit any credit or debit card provided by the member with the Monthly Subscription fee (or outstanding fees) without notice to the member.
- Personal belongings are brought onto the Studio premises at the Member’s risk and the Company does not accept liability for any loss or damage whatever to such items. For security reasons Members are advised to place valuable items in the lockers provided and not leave them in the changing area.
Use of facilities and Children
- A Member is entitled to use the Studio’s facilities providing always that the Studio may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period or periods and with notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for reasons beyond the control of the Studio or the Company.
- The use of the Reformer or any other equipment in the studios will be instructed by experienced teachers/instructors. Please respect the equipment and and if you have any uncertainties on the use, please notify the teacher/instructor
- A Member that is between the age of 12-16yrs must be accompanied by an adult at all times for Hot Yoga/Fitness classes. They will not be allowed to attend unaccompanied until they have been signed off by the Studio Manger/Director and a Parent/Guardian. Please be advised this is at the manager/ teacher’s discretion and may be subject to change.
- Children between the ages of 12-16 yrs may only use the Studio and attend classes if accompanied by an adult and when under their care and supervision, however the Studio reserves the right of refusal for any minor to practice.
- Minimum age of 16 yrs to attend Reformer Pilates classes.
- Children over the age of 8 may not enter Changing rooms or other areas reserved for the opposite sex, regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
Fitness and Health
- Members are advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. The Studio reserves the right to refuse access to any Member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of such facilities.
- Members with the following conditions should not attend class: low/high blood pressure and cardiac irregularities. If there is any doubt, the Member should consult his doctor. Members must notify the Studio of any circumstances affecting their health which may be exacerbated through continued use of the Studio.
- Neither 121 Urban Hot Yoga , nor it’s, employees or agents shall be liable for any death, personal injury or illness occurring upon 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates premises or as a result of the use of the facilities and/or equipment provided by 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates, expect to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from any negligent act or omission of 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates, it’s employees or subcontractors.
- Members are required to follow the instructions of the teacher at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises
Clothing/What to wear
- Members are requested to wear appropriate comfortable clothing/sportswear to the practice of Hot Yoga, Fitness & Reformer Pilates classes.
- Footwear should be removed for Hot Yoga, Reformer Pilates and some Fitness classes in accordance with instructions.
- Socks/Grip socks will be required for Reformer Pilates
- A small towel is recommended to wipe of any perspiration for all classes
- A yoga mat is required for all Hot Yoga & some HIIT classes.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in the studio
Safety and Hygiene
- Members must use the appointed entrance to the Studio when entering or leaving the Studio. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and Members must not interfere with these doors for any reason.
- In the event of a fire, Members are asked to make their way to the nearest available exit.
- Do not walk around the Studio barefoot if you have verrucas or similar foot complaints. Members must seek advice from a member of staff.
- Members are required to use a suitable towel to cover their yoga mat in the studio.
- No crockery, glass or foods are permitted in the changing rooms or studio. Only water is permitted in the Hot Room.
- No pets (unless guide dogs) are permitted in the Studio buildings or grounds.
- All Reformers will have their own designated training area with a box of cleaning materials and training equipment for you to use during class.
- Members are required to wipe down their Reformer and any training equipment used during class after each use with cleaning materials provided, ready for the next member to use.
- Please ensure hand sanitiser is used prior to entering any Hot Yoga/Fitness or Reformer Pilates class.
- Both the Hot Room and Urban Reformer Pilates studio will be used as a promotional space, therefore filming and photography will be conducted in some classes. In signing our Registration form and becoming a member of 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates and entering either studio, you will be agreeing to allowing the company to use the film footage and photographs from staff to promote the business and any business related material.
- If any issues arise by the member, this must be brought immediately to the attention of a member of staff and where the matter will be looked into
- Any members taking photos on the premises for social media platforms may do so, but are to be mindful of others in the building.
- No photographs are to be taken by members for the duration of the class attending.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
- Customers wishing to cancel a pre-booked class may do so up to 12 hours prior to its start. All bookings and cancellations should be arranged online and is the members responsibility
- If a member fails to provide the minimum 12 hours class cancellation notice, the class will be charged in line with their existing class pass. No refunds will be given.
- All Single Classes & Class Passes will be activated from the date of purchase.
- All Single classes & Class Passes have a validity which is clearly displayed upon purchasing, it is the member’s responsibility to be aware of this and ensure the Validity is the right length of time for them and their class usage.
- 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates can not take responsibility for any unused and expired classes.
- 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates reserves the right to cancel all unlimited use class passes (including any introductory offers) if the member fails to attend 3 or more booked consecutive classes resulting in misuse of class space and limiting places for other people.
- Please be aware that for all unlimited use class passes your booking confirmation will show a number of classes, any classes remaining when the package expires will no longer be available.
- All introductory offers cannot be purchased if you have previously booked and attended a single class or have a class pass in use.
- Please note all bookings and purchased classes are non transferable between members and only available to the member booking them.
- All single classes and Class Passes are non-extendable and classes need to be used within the Pass validity period as stated upon purchase.
- Upon Injury/Illness which may affect the use of the Class Pass in the valid time, requesting for any extension for any time lost due to this, maybe looked into at the managements discretion along with written confirmation requested of such illness/injury where a medical profession has confirmed the member is not physically fit to attend class for a period of time.
- Where the same reoccurring injury/medical condition applies, Class Passes can not be extended for more than 1 period of time and it is the members responsibility to be mindful of purchasing Class Passes surrounding such reoccurring conditions.
- All private classes are not confirmed until they are paid for in full.
- To cancel a private class a Member must give 24 hours notice by email or telephone. Any private classes missed with less than 24 hours notification is forfeited.
- Private classes are subject to availability of the teacher & studio time surrounding the studio class schedule.
- A non refundable deposit is payable on enrolment.
- In the event we decline your application your deposit will be refunded.
- All course fees are to be paid on the dates agreed before your course start date
- In the event of an agreed payment plan you must agree to complete all the payments on selected dates for each plan
- Payment Plan instalments to be paid in full prior to the completion of the course.
- Once you have paid for your course in full, no refunds are available.
- For full Teacher Training T&C’s please visit Terms and Conditions • Yoga Teacher Training Essex
- Single Classes/Class Passes Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- Un-used, unexpired or expired pre-paid Single classes/Class Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Pre-paid Single classes/Class Passes that have been activated and in use are non-refundable/non-transferable.
- All pre-paid special offers, used or un-used, are non-refundable/non-transferable.
- Cancellation for all scheduled classes for Hot Yoga, Fitness & Reformer Pilates require a minumun of 12 hours
- Failure to give 12 hours notice of class cancellation will result in the class being taken from the Class Pass, if unattended
- Cancellation can be arranged via members online account (if within the cancellation limit of 12hrs) where the class will automatically be added back onto the Class Pass to be used at a later date within the validity of the class pass.
- It is the members own responsibility to cancel any classes they are unable to attend within the cancellation time limit using their online account
- Any cancellation requests sent by email to management may not be seen on time for cancellation and therefore the loss of class due to cancellation policy will be applied.
Retail Refund Policy
- Products such as Yoga mats, Grip Towels, Yoga Bricks may be returned within 28 days for exchange only. Exchanges are valid only for products that have not been opened, used or damaged with proof of purchase.
- Products which are defective or damaged may be returned immediately for exchange, with proof of purchase.
- Refunds are only available when an equivalent replacement is unavailable and the customer does not wish to exchange for another product.
- Any refunds will be made within 30 working days.
- Members must at all times observe the Studio guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of the Studio may issue to ensure the smooth operation of the Studio for the convenience of all Members.
- Members are required to give written notice to the Company of any change of home address or email address. Failing such notice, all communications shall be assumed to have been received by the Member within 5 days of mailing to the last address (of either type) notified to the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse admission to the Studio.
- The company may assign the benefit of the Registration Form and a Member’s membership to a third party at anytime without notice to the member.
- A person who is not party to the Registration Form has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any terms of the Registration Form.
- The Company may, if a Member wishes so, may communicate with the Member by electronic mail (“email”). By providing an email address to the Company the Member consents to receiving email communications from the Company, including notices pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. The Member also accepts any risk that email may not be a fully secure and confidential means of communication. The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a Member in this manner.
Limitation of Liability
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any service or equipment not being available for whatever reason. The Company reserves the right to make alterations to the types of facilities provided, without notice and in its absolute discretion and the Company shall not be liable for any loss occasioned by such alterations except in so far as loss is by law incapable of exclusion.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that they are capable of undergoing a routine of exercises provided by any programme which they follow or class which they attend. Members accept the risk of injury from performing exercises and are advised to consult their doctor prior to beginning any programme or class.
- Neither 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates, nor it’s, employees or agents shall be liable for any death, personal Injury or illness occurring upon any 121 Urban Hot Yoga Premises or as a result of the use of the facilities and/or equipment provided by 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates, except to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from any negligent act or omission of 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates or its employees, agents or subcontractors.
- The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage to property or injury of Members or their guests to them on the Studio premises or outside the Studio (including bike park areas) except in so far as such loss, damage, or injury is by law incapable of exclusion.
- If your membership involves a child, a minimum of 1 adult will need to accompany them either in class or they can wait in reception. A liability disclaimer will need to be signed before attending their first class.
- All single classes & Class Passes will not be extended for any self-isolation period that maybe imposed due to COVID-19
- Medical confirmation will be required for COVID-19 shielding where a Class Pass expiry date maybe compromised and this will be at managements discretion.
- Lateness of more than 5 minutes to class will result in no entry and class will be lost from account.
- We will be reducing the number of attendees for all classes by up to 40% across the schedule. This will enable us to implement the adequate social distancing guidelines in all Hot Room classes and that of Reformer Pilates. A new mat plan for the Hot Room will be marked out in tape, where members will be required to place their mats, filling up from the front row first and backwards (always remembering your yoga mat is your space). This will stop any unnecessary walking around of the studio prior to class. Members will be asked to leave from the back row first and then per row with the front leaving last, again this will stop any unnecessary walking around and allow us to keep social distancing. Hands on adjustments by teachers will not take place.
- During the current & recovery period of Covid-19 where we have had to implement social distancing in classes therefore reducing the class attendee numbers, members will only be permitted to book 1 class per day until we are able to reach a time where social distancing will no longer be in place and we are able to increase our class attendee numbers again. This current and temporary restriction will applied to all class passes and single class purchases whether they are existing or newly purchase.
- Advanced booking for all classes will be highly encouraged, this is to help avoid person-to-person contact at reception, as well as easing the flow upon entry and exit into both studios. This will also guarantee your space in class, as we will be practicing with smaller classes spaces are going to be limited. We will no longer be able to offer a waiting system for ‘no shows’ to the class for the purposes of social distancing in the reception area. A screen will also be in place at the reception desk for protection.
- The hiring of mats and towels will no longer be available, members will be required to bring their own mats and towels for use in class. Along with the use of the blocks and straps in the studio, these will no longer be available, if these are needed for your own practice, please ensure you bring your own. These Items along with water will still be available for purchase at reception
- We placed additional stringent measures to our already highly maintained cleaning protocol before our closure. These measures consisting of prioritising the constant anti-bacterial cleaning of all hand contact surfaces, benches, lockers, door handles and handrails etc.., the studio floor in between classes and all communal areas such as shower facilities & toilets in between classes will remain in place. Our staff have been instructed to carry out these stringent measures, as well as having a cleaning protocol plan for their reference at reception. The Hand Sanitiser stations will remain at the entrance of the studios for your use upon entering and by the new exit door, to which we would strongly encourage you to use
- All staff, teachers and members will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly whilst on the premises or to use the hand sanitising stations. We would also require anyone who maybe suffering with COVID-19 symptoms https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or have been exposed to someone who has, to refrain for attending class until safe to do so.For our full Covid-19 Safety restrictions and what you need to know about arriving and attending class please visit COVID-19 UPDATE section on this website