TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Interpretation and Variation
In the terms and Conditions, the following definitions apply: “Company “means 121 Fitness. (trading as 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates/Yoga Teacher Training Essex).
“Member” means any person that has signed a Registration Form which has been accepted by the Company.
“Registration Form” means the registration/Waiver form signed by each member.
“Studio” means any of the 121 Urban Hot Yoga & Urban Reformer Pilates Studios of the Company published on our website(s) from time to time.
“Terms and Conditions” are defined here.
“Website” means www.121urbanhotyoga.co.uk or affiliated websites.
The terms and Conditions are incorporated into the Registration Form and any Class Pass/Membership is subject to these Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time. The Company reserves the right to vary or revoke any of the Terms and Conditions from time to time which it may consider necessary or suitable for the regulation of the governance of the Studio and the conduct of Members.
Any such changes will be published on our websites and, until revoked, are binding on Members.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- When a person has signed a Registration/Waiver form they shall become a member of the studio subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Acceptance of a person as a member is at the discretion of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or refuse to renew the membership of any member who is, or may be deemed to be in the Company’s absolute discretion, injurious to the character of the studio or amounts to a breach of the Terms and Conditions or where expulsion is otherwise to be in the interest of the other members of the Studio. Such examples are, but not limited to, [Threatening behaviour towards staff and clients, verbal and physical abuse, disruption during yoga, fitness & Reformer Pilates session]. Any member expelled shall forfeit all privileges to class pass/membership and shall not be entitled to any refund for any period which his/her class pass/membership is suspended”
- The studio may run promotional introductory offers from time to time (directly or through an agent i.e., Groupon).
- 121 Urban Hot Yoga/Urban Reformer Pilates reserves the right to revoke any unlimited class pass/membership if continuous miss use applies, i.e., consistently failing to attend booked classes/holding spaces in class with no intention of participating. The member in question will not be refunded and all online booking will be suspended with any future booked classes cancelled.
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- All bookings and cancellations should be arranged online via members accounts and is the members responsibility
- All single classes & class passes will be activated from the date of purchase.
- All single classes & class passes have a validity period which is clearly displayed upon purchasing, it is the member’s responsibility to be aware of this and ensure the validity is the right length of time for their class usage.
- All single classes and class passes are non-extendable and classes need to be used within the Pass validity period as stated upon purchase.
- Upon Injury/Illness which may affect the use of the Class Pass in the valid time, requesting for any extension for any time lost due to this maybe looked into at the managements discretion with supporting written confirmation required of such illness/injury where a medical profession has confirmed the member is not physically fit to attend class for a period of time.
- Supporting written evidence for medical condition or injury class pass extension, much be submitted at the beginning of the diagnosis not at the end.
- Where the same reoccurring injury/medical condition applies, Class Passes cannot be extended for more than 1 period of time and it is the members responsibility to be mindful of purchasing a class pass surrounding such reoccurring conditions.
- For all unlimited class pass use, a booking confirmation will show a number of classes, any classes remaining when the package expires will no longer be available
- All introductory offers cannot be purchased if you have previously booked and attended a single class or have a class pass in use.
- The Company can-not take responsibility for the incorrect use of any single classes or class pass purchases made by a member, resulting in unused and expired classes.
- The Company can-not take responsibility for any unused and expired classes.
- Class passes & classes are non-transferable between members accounts and only available to the member having made the purchase.
- Once a class pass is in use this cannot be transferred to another form of pass i.e.: Hot Yoga to Reformer Pilates or Reformer Pilates to Hot Yoga
- The Company reserves the right to cancel all unlimited use class passes & class passes (including any introductory offers) if the member fails to attend 2 or more booked consecutive classes resulting in misuse of class space and limiting places for other people.
- Failure to attend 2 or more booked classes in a row (no shows or late cancels) will result in future booked classes being cancelled and the option to book in advance suspended, with only booking on the day permitted for a 2-week period.
- If a member is unable to attend a booked class, it is their responsibility to cancel within the cancellation/transfer policy of 12 hours prior to class.
- If a member fails to provide the minimum 12 hours class cancellation notice, the class will be charged in line with their existing class pass. No refunds will be given.
- Any cancellation requests sent by email to management may not be seen in time for cancellation and therefore the loss of class due to cancellation policy will be applied.
- Valid credits must be available on client accounts to secure waiting list spaces.
- Any waiting list spaces reserved without class pass credits/payment will be removed from the system, as this would result in unpaid spaces being taken up in classes and studio policy is payment upon booking either via class pass credit or payment.
- Details of the session prices and class passes are available either at www.121urbanhotyoga.co.uk or directly from the studio/studios and will be such prices as determined by the Company from time to time.
- Payments for classes at the Studio do not entitle you to attend classes of any other hot yoga studio, hot fitness or Reformer Pilates other than those operated by this Company (in the event that they are available).
- Subject to any statutory right of cancellation, payments for classes, class pass fees, monthly subscription fees and annual payments are made non-refundable/non-transferrable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions.
DIRECT DEBIT/STANDING ORDER
- The provisions of this section, shall only apply to members that subscribe to unlimited classes by monthly direct debit/standing order (“Subscription”).
- Any member, who is purchasing classes by Subscription, shall be entitled to participate in an unlimited number of classes at the studio for hot yoga & fitness only until their Subscription terminates. Any such member will forfeit their membership if they fall behind in payment for more than 30 days. Such member shall remain liable for any outstanding payments.
- Subscription fees must be paid in accordance with the Terms and Conditions irrespective of whether or not the member uses the Studio’s facilities.
- Members shall be given no less than 30 days’ written notice of any increase in their Subscription.
- Any member that is purchasing classes by Subscription cannot cancel their Subscription before the expiry of the period of 3/12 months from the date of their initial payment pursuant to the Subscription (“the Minimum Subscription Period”).
- After the expiry of the Minimum Subscription Period, the subscription will continue indefinitely until a member cancels their Monthly Subscription at any time by written request to the Manager of the Studio, giving 30 days-notice from the desired cancellation date. On cancellation you remain liable for one calendar month’s subscription during the notice period.
- Membership is personal to the member and may not be assigned, transferred, sold on or otherwise dealt with and members who ‘lend’ their membership to third parties will have their membership rescinded without a refund.
- If a member does not pay their subscription for the Minimum Subscription Period (or cancels their subscription during the minimum Subscription Period) then the member is liable in full for any outstanding Subscriptions in respect of the Minimum Subscription Period. Cancelling your direct debit or standing order instruction does not constitute cancellation of your Contract.
- It is the responsibility of the member to cancel any direct debit or standing order with their bank on the termination of the Subscription. The Company cannot be held liable for any payments processed due to failure of a member to cancel a direct debit or standing order.
- If the Subscription is paid by direct debit or standing order (or any Subscription fees remain outstanding beyond the due date) the member unconditionally and irrevocably authorises the Company to debit any credit or debit card provided by the member with the Monthly Subscription fee (or outstanding fees) without notice to the member.
- Un-used, unexpired or expired pre-paid single classes/class passes (including special & Introductory offers) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Pre-paid single classes/class Passes that have been activated and in use are non-refundable and non-transferable.
RETAIL REFUND POLICY
- Products such as Yoga mats, Grip Towels, Yoga Bricks may be returned within 28 days for exchange only. Exchanges are valid only for products that have not been opened, used or damaged with proof of purchase.
- Refunds are only available when an equivalent replacement is unavailable and the customer does not wish to exchange for another product.
- Any refunds will be made within 30 working days.
STUDIO OPENING TIMES
- Details of class times at the studio/studios may vary from time to time. Classes will be published by the studio/studios and will be available at the studio/studios or on our website(s) and social media platforms. Classes will be subject to change due to holiday periods i.e., Bank holidays, summer holidays, Christmas holidays and general changes to studio/studios timetable
USE OF FACILITIES & CHILDREN
- A member is entitled to use the Studio’s facilities providing always that the Studio may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period or periods and with notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for reasons beyond the control of the studio/studios or the Company.
- The use of the Reformer or any other equipment in the studio/studios will be instructed by experienced teachers/instructors. Please respect the equipment and if you have any uncertainties on the use, please notify the teacher/instructor
- A member that is between the age of 16-18yrs must be accompanied by an adult at all times for Hot Yoga/Fitness classes. They will not be allowed to attend unaccompanied until they have been signed off by the Studio Manger/Director and a Parent/Guardian. Please be advised this is at the manager/ teacher’s discretion and may be subject to change.
- The Studio reserves the right of refusal for any minor to practice.
- Minimum age of 16 years to attend Hot Yoga/Hot Fitness & Reformer Pilates classes.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises
- Mobile phones are not switched at all times when entering the studio/studios
FITNESS & HEALTH
- Members are advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. The Studio reserves the right to refuse access to any member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of such facilities.
- Members with the following conditions should not attend class: low/high blood pressure and cardiac irregularities. If there is any doubt, the member should consult their doctor. Members must notify the Studio of any circumstances affecting their health which may be exacerbated through continued use of the studio/studios.
- Neither the Company, nor it’s, employees or agents shall be liable for any death, personal injury or illness occurring upon 121 Urban Hot Yoga & Urban Reformer Pilates premises or as a result of the use of the facilities and/or equipment provided by 121 Urban Hot Yoga & Urban Reformer Pilates, expect to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from any negligent act or omission of 121 Urban Hot Yoga & Urban Reformer Pilates, it’s employees or subcontractors.
- Members are required to follow the instructions of the teachers/instructors at all times.
- Personal belongings are brought onto the studio/studios premises at the member’s risk and the Company does not accept liability for any loss or damage whatever to such items. For security reasons members are advised to place valuable items in the lockers provided and not leave them in the changing area.
CLOTHING/WHAT TO WEAR
- Members are requested to wear appropriate comfortable clothing/sportswear to the practice of Hot Yoga, Fitness & Reformer Pilates classes.
- Footwear should be removed for Hot Yoga, Reformer Pilates and some Fitness classes in accordance with instructions.
- Grip socks will be required for Reformer Pilates
- A small towel is recommended to wipe of any perspiration for all classes
- A yoga mat is required for all Hot Yoga & Fitness classes
SAFETY & HYGIENE
- Members must use the appointed entrance to the studio/studios when entering or leaving the studio/studios. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and members must not interfere with these doors for any reason.
- In the event of a fire, members are asked to make their way to the nearest available exit.
- Do not walk around the studio barefoot if you have verrucae or similar foot complaints.
- Members are required to use a suitable towel to cover their yoga mat in the studio.
- No crockery, glass or foods are permitted in the changing rooms or studio/studios. Only water is permitted in the studio/studios.
- No pets (unless guide dogs) are permitted in the studio/studios buildings or grounds.
- All Reformers will have their own designated training area with training equipment for you to use during class and cleaning materials on wall dispensers.
- Members are required to wipe down their Reformer and any training equipment used during class after each use with cleaning materials provided, ready for the next member to use.
- Please ensure hand sanitiser is used prior to entering any Hot Yoga/Fitness or Reformer Pilates class.
- Both the Hot Yoga/Fitness studio and Urban Reformer Pilates studios will be used as a promotional space, therefore filming and photography will be conducted in some classes. In signing our Registration/wavier form and becoming a member of 121 Urban Hot Yoga & Urban Reformer Pilates and entering the studio/studios, you will be agreeing to allowing the Company to use the film footage and photographs from staff/content creators to promote the business and any business-related material.
- If any issues arise by the member, this must be brought immediately to the attention of a member of staff and where the matter will be looked into.
- Any members taking photos on the premises for social media platforms may do so, but are to be mindful of others in the building.
- No photographs are to be taken by members for the duration of the class attending.
- Members must at all times observe the studio/studios guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of the studio/studios may issue to ensure the smooth operation of the studio/studios for the convenience of all members.
- Members are required to give written notice to the Company of any change of home address or email address. Failing such notice, all communications shall be assumed to have been received by the member within 5 days of mailing to the last address (of either type) notified to the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse admission to the studio/studios.
- A person who is not party to the Registration Form has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any terms of the Registration Form.
- The Company, if a member wishes so, may communicate with the member by electronic mail (“email”). By providing an email address to the Company the member consents to receiving email communications from the Company, including notices pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. The member also accepts any risk that email may not be a fully secure and confidential means of communication. The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a member in this manner.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any service or equipment not being available for whatever reason. The Company reserves the right to make alterations to the types of facilities provided, without notice and in its absolute discretion and the Company shall not be liable for any loss occasioned by such alterations except in so far as loss is by law incapable of exclusion.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that they are capable of undergoing a routine of exercises provided by any programme which they follow or class which they attend. Members accept the risk of injury from performing exercises and are advised to consult their doctor prior to beginning any programme or class.
- Neither the Company, nor it’s, employees or agents shall be liable for any death, personal Injury or illness occurring upon any Company premises or as a result of the use of the facilities and/or equipment provided by the Company, except to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from any negligent act or omission of the Company or its employees, agents or subcontractors.
- The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage to property or injury of members or their guests to them on the studio/studios premises or outside the studio (including bike park areas) except in so far as such loss, damage, or injury is by law incapable of exclusion.
“You are one Yoga Class away from a good mood”